Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Finding A Place

So, we have the dress of my dreams ordered, found a chapel, but now we have to find a place to have the reception. This is much harder than finding a dress. I have found some beautiful places, that is not the problem. The problem is getting the date to work for our wedding date (November 22nd). I thought a November wedding would be easy since it didn't seem to me to be a popular month to get married..little did I know that late fall/winter weddings are becoming more and more popular. This leads us to little options..which stinks. Today I checked out two locations, a hotel and a knights of columbus. The Knights of Columbus really surprised me, it was a very nice room with chandeliers and a great dance floor..because us girls love to dance :). It is however a little more than I (Naj) would like to spend on a reception. He just keeps saying..."This is your day". The hotel was way expensive and just not fitting, it didn't even have a window and it just reminded me of where I would attend a teacher conference...not what I want to think about when I am celebrating my marriage. I am still waiting on one more place, hopefully I will hear from them tomorrow and then a decision will need to be made. I cringe at how much money I could spend on a wedding...I am hoping the big purchases will be over and the rest of the details will fall into place...somewhat inexpensively.

This is the link to the Diamond Room, this is the Knights of Columbus room that is the best so far. Check it out www.diamondroom.org

2 comments:

About us... said...

I am the first to comment on your cute blog. I didn't get into blogging before Slade and I were married, because I would have done this. You and Naj are an extremely good looking couple-not that it's the most important part of a marriage. However, you will definitely have beautiful babies:) I love hearing about bride-to-be stresses because it makes me glad to be married and not making all of those little stressful decisions. I subscribed to your blog and look forward to more pictures along the way.

Judy said...

You will look beautiful no matter what you wear, however it is a very special day and I can't wait. It seems like yesterday you and Ally were in Brandi's wedding. Lots of love from St. Louis, hope to see you soon. These blogs are really great as they keep us connected and close. Lov ya